WHAT IS THE POINT OF A JUICE CLEANSE/FAST?
A lot of people have questions on what exactly is a juice cleanse.
What is the difference between juices and smoothies?
Why is it beneficial to do a juice cleanse? What exactly is it?
Should I do one?
I am here to answer your questions! Everyone is different, and when it comes to cleansing, it is up to you to find the one that is right for you!
WHAT IS A JUICE CLEANSE?
- Also known as a “Juice Fast” “Detox Diet”
- The consumption of only juiced, raw, fruits & vegetables in a certain period of time to cleanse/rid the body of toxins
- Many people do 1-3-day cleanses, while other do up to 1-3 months
- Packed with nutrients; such as enzymes, vitamins & minerals needed for a healthier lifestyle
BENEFITS OF A JUICE CLEANSE:
There are more benefits than cannot be named in a single list. Because each person is different, each cleanse can do something diverse for each individual. Whether a person has trouble sleeping, or wants to kick start a diet for their summer body, a juice cleanse can most certainly help. The first most important thing to start when searching for a juice cleanse is what you want to focus on recovering. If you are a beginner a simple 24-hour juice cleanse is a great way to see if your body is in need for a fast! Here are just a few of the MANY benefits of a cleanse:
- Your body’s digestive tract needs to rest from time to time
- Prevents bodily inflammation
- Feeds your body nutrients that can be absorbed right away
- Detoxes your kidneys & liver
- Aids in back pain
- Aids in sleep
- Rapid weight loss
- Gives you more energy
- Clears up skin
- Powerful workouts (AFTER the cleanse is over)
- Stronger immunity
- Debloating factors
SIGNS OF PEOPLE WHO SHOULD DO A JUICE CLEANSE/FAST:
- Weight gain (mostly around the gut)
- Trouble falling asleep & staying asleep
- Skin issues: dry skin, acne, eczema, psoriasis
- Memory problems
- Fast food/junk food cravings
- People with Celiac & IBS
- People with Immunity Issues
SYMPTOMS YOU SHOULD NOT BE WORRIED ABOUT DURING THE FAST
Keep in mind that during a fast, especially the longer ones, your body goes back in time and retraces its steps! So all the problems that it has been experiencing resurface during a cleanse. Now this does not always happen to everyone and it is always in different extends. These are the toxins LEAVING your body so do not be too alarmed until the cleanse is over. This is the healing crisis of a cleanse and it is based on what you have done to your body in the past and over time.
- Feeling feverish
- Getting spots, rashes on your skin
- Change in bowel movements
How Often Should a Person Cleanse?
As previously mentioned, every person is different and handles cleanses differently. Some people do a cleanse for just 24 hours and others do a juice fast for an entire month. It all depends on how much you want your body to rest. While you are cleansing it is important to take at easy and not work out so much and stay hydrated the entire time.
With that being said, it is sometimes difficult for people who work out a lot to juice fast for a month. If you are hitting the gym a lot, it can be better to stick to shorter cleanses. A juice fast is basically your body and digestive system going on a yoga retreat. It gives your digestive time a time to reboot, revive, and relax, so you do not want to over work yourself during this time.
I believe that everyone should try a cleanse at some point in their lifetime. Imagine a machine working 24/7 and never getting an update or a reboot…..it is impossible to run at your best potential without giving your body some time to relax and “update.”
Written by: Christina Galanos